Paid training for Personal Assistants starts this month!

By standing together in our Union, Personal Assistants won training for the first time in our Union contract that will improve the high-quality care we provide consumers!

Training is starting in November and December with hands-on classes designed for healthcare providers like us: First Aid, CPR and Defibrillator Use; Universal Precautions; and Body Mechanics and Safe Lifting. The classes will be FREE for Personal Assistants. You have the opportunity to gain these skills with the full cost paid for by your new SEIU Member Education and Training Center. PAs will receive 3 hours pay to attend most classes, but will not be paid to attend Red Cross classes.

To register, call the Member Education and Training Center at 877-456-4477. Watch your mail for information about more classes starting soon!

Did you like this? Share it:

7 Responses to “Paid training for Personal Assistants starts this month!”

1. Jasmine says:

This is great! We deserve the training, it will be very essential for our jobs. Thank you!

2. Clemistene Miskel says:

I have called Member Resource Center to sign up for the seven PA training classes paid by SEIU. I left my cell number at 866-933-SEIU. I received the flyer on Tuesday after work hours and trying to preregister for classes as they fit into my schedule. The first class I have selected is Thursday January 10th, Body Mechanics. Please contact me to affirm I may come. Thanks.

• Deana Rutherford says:

Thanks! I sent your information to Carl Camacho, who organizes the classes. You should hear from him soon.

3. Karen says:

The training is a great idea but we need to get it in all areas of Illinois. I live in McHenry county and would like to see First Aid and CPR training out here and not just in Chicago.

4. Kyann says:

The training is super! We need it in more areas here in Illinois…as traveling is sometimes an issue when it is a great distance! Is very helpful though…and would love to be able to attend more classes if they were offered a little bit closer to home!!

5. I would like to register for the First Aid and CPR class scheduled for May 11, 9:30-4:00pm at the SEIU Office, 2229 S. Halsted. Please call me at 773-263-8917 to confirm that I can attend or when the next scheduled class is available! Thanks

• Kaitlin DeCero says:

Hi Carol, we can’t register you from the website, please call the Member Resource Center at 866-933-7348 to register for trainings. Thanks.

Comments about Paid training for Personal Assistants starts this month! are welcome. Off-topic comments and other violations of our community guidelines may be withheld or removed. Comments do not appear immediately after posting.