Governor Rauner advertised a live question-and-answer session today on Facebook. Unfortunately, the Governor came prepared with his own questions and ignored the tough ones about the Governor’s failures. Here are the top 10 quesitons Rauner failed to answer today.
1. Every Illinois Governor in past 198 years has passed a budget. Why won’t you?
2. You identified child care as part of the $800 million in “wasteful spending” you cut. Why is child care a waste?
3. 5,000 parents & small businesses have lost their jobs due to your child care cuts. Is that pro-business?
4. Seniors who have worked all their lives & paid taxes are losing services because of your cuts? Don’t they deserve better?
5. You make 27,000 an hour. Why don’t caregivers – who serve kids, people with disabilities, and seniors – deserve $15?
6. Why do kids, seniors, & small businesses suffer, but you got a $750,000 tax cut last year?
7. Job creation is down by 50% this year. Doesn’t that show your strategy of holding the budget hostage is a failed one?
8. Why won’t you release your full tax returns?