Thousands of home care aides at Community Care Systems Inc. overwhelmingly voted YES to ratify the new agreement that our union bargaining team reached with management recently.
The new contract includes:
- Raises of at least $.72/hour retroactive to August 1, 2017, with additional money for more senior workers.
- Increase of $1.77 to our Health Fund to protect our health insurance.
- Paid sick time for workers covered by the paid sick time ordinance in Cook County.
- Mileage reimbursement of $.40/mile (management tried to reduce our mileage rate, but we protected it!).
- Travel time paid at regular wage.
- Contract expiration date of July 31, 2020, with the right to negotiate additional raises and other improvements when we win rate increases.
- Improved union rights to make our union stronger.
Congratulations to all CCSI home care aides and look for your raise and your back pay on your November 18 paycheck.
Did you like this? Share it: