ST. LOUIS, Mo. – DNC Deputy Chair and Congressman Keith Ellison is visiting the St. Louis region this weekend to focus on key economic issues for working families like increasing the minimum wage and repealing so-called Right-to-Work.
Among other stops, Congressman Ellison will speak at a “Raise the Wage” Town Hall hosted by Congressman Lacy Clay in Ferguson on Saturday, which will be immediately followed by a visit to nearby workers at a Christian Care Home who have been on strike since December 1, 2017 to fight against unfair labor practices.
Full Details Below for Events on Saturday, February 10:
“Raise the Wage” Town Hall Meeting
· WHAT: Congressman Lacy Clay is hosting a “Raise the Wage” town hall meeting in Ferguson, featuring special guest Congressman Keith Ellison.
· WHEN: Saturday, February 10 at 11am
· WHERE: Wellspring Church at 33 S. Florissant Street in Ferguson
Standing with Workers Fighting Against Unfair Labor Practices
· WHAT: Missouri Democrats and Congressman Keith Ellison will head to outside a Christian Care Home in Ferguson to stand with SEIU workers who have been on strike since December 1, 2017 to fight against unfair labor practices.
- WHEN: Saturday, February 10 immediately following the “Raise the Wage” town hall meeting (around 1pm)
- WHERE: SEIU strike line outside of Christian Care Home at 800 Chambers Rd. in Ferguson