Congratulations to SEIU members working at Morrison at Gateway who recently unanimously approved their new contract!
Workers made strong economic and non-economic gains, including:
- A 3% across-the-board 2018 wage increase with retro pay from March 25, 2018; a 2% across-the-board wage increase effective March 25, 2019, plus a 25-cent longevity raise for those with 5-10 years of service and a 40-cent longevity raise for those with over 10 years of service; a 2.5% raise effective March 25, 2020.
- An increase to new hire rates with a 1% increase to rates on March 25, 2019 and March 25, 2020.
- Dental and vision coverage.
- The addition of July 4 as a paid holiday.
- Vacation days will be awarded based on years of service moving forward, instead of accruals.
- Union new hire orientations.
- Addition of gender identity as a protected class under non-discrimination language.
- Healthcare advocacy days.
This was a hard-fought win and we’re proud of every member who played a role in the victory!