(January 23rd, 2019, Chicago) –– Roseland Hospital workers overwhelmingly approved a one-year agreement. Workers thanked the bargaining committee for their hard work, unity and dedication in seeing a contract to completion.
Roseland workers are looking forward to returning to the bargaining table in December 2019 to set new standards for all hospital workers across the city and region!
Our Top Contract Highlights Include:
– new wage scale implemented July 1st that brings increases to the minimums and removes maximums;
– longevity increases for 5+ and 10+ years of service;
– employees with 5 or more years of service but less than 10 receive a minimum total increase of .25;
– employees with 10 or more years of service receive a minimum total increase of .40
– night shift differential increases from .55 to .65
Roseland workers committed to supporting all safety net hospital service workers in our fight to protect our funding, jobs and communities, and pledged to hold the hospital industry and the corporate healthcare lobbyists at the Illinois Hospital Association (IHA) accountable for their agenda that favors wealthy hospitals and corporate systems.