Healthcare Reform is coming! The SEIU Benefits Center can help.
The SEIU Benefits Center was selected by the administration of Governor Pat Quinn and the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) as one of 44 community-based organizations in the state of Illinois to receive funding through IDPH’s Affordable Care Act (ACA) In-Person Counselor Grant Program. We will be conducting outreach, providing education and facilitating enrollment in the Illinois Health Insurance Marketplace for union families, direct care workers, and consumers throughout the state. Our staff of In-Person Counselors have received intensive certification training designed to prepare the public about the ACA and their healthcare options. Enrollment in the Marketplace will begin on October 1, with coverage to start January 1, 2014. We are here to help navigate you towards better health. Get covered today!
Things you need to know:
- You and everyone in your family are required to have health coverage in 2014 under the Affordable Care Act.
- There are affordable healthcare options for you and your family members, through state coverage programs like Medicaid and All Kids or through private plans on the Illinois Health Insurance Marketplace.
- All plans will cover important essentials health benefits, and many primary care services will be coverage at no additional cost to you.
- The Illinois Health Insurance Marketplace is a one-stop hub to find the most affordable plan for you. If you do not use the Illinois Health Insurance Marketplace, you may miss out on Medicaid determination or subsidies to help you pay for health insurance.
For information and help enrolling into state coverage programs like Medicaid or All Kids, or to enroll into an affordable healthcare plan through the Illinois Health Insurance Marketplace, please contact the SEIU Benefit Center:
Or, send your question via email here.
Our phones lines are open now to answer your questions. We will walk you through every step of the enrollment process. Enrollment assistance begins October 1. Call NOW.
How we can help:
- We have the correct information to keep you informed about healthcare reform.
- If you do not qualify for a union health plan, we can assist you and your family members in finding an affordable healthcare option.
- Enrollments can be done easily over the phone or in person with the assistance of a certified In-Person Counselor (IPC).
How you can prepare for enrollment
Be sure to have the following information handy in order for us to help you complete enrollment on the Marketplace. Your enrollment process will go much quicker if you provide all information required for enrollment:
- Social Security Number (document numbers for legal immigrants)
- Employer and income information for every member in your household who needs coverage (for example: pay stubs, W2 forms, Wages and Tax statements)
- Number of people in your household
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance plans covering members of your household
Information provided will only be used for enrollment assistance purposes. The information provided will not be retained after enrollment application is complete.